What types of self employment businesses build on a RNs knowledge and skills?
- Identify problems, develop workable solutions, and resolve problems for healthcare facilities
- Use technology solutions to enable you to free lance and work directly with healthcare facilities
- Design customized care plans and initiate treatment for patients to promote wellness
- Offer temporary healthcare services to healthcare facilities (hospitals, nursing homes, home health etc.)
- Provide durable medical equipment, medical supplies, and/or medical clothing (uniforms and scrubs)
- Review the care provided and develop new ways to ensure the patient’s well-being and safety
- Provide an insider’s view on medical issues to legal professionals
- Bring new products related to healthcare to market
- Review medical billing to check if all charges were actually performed (documented) as they were coded – the RN coder reviews prospectively and the medical auditor reviews retrospectively
What are the advantages of RN self-employment?
- Be your own boss. Be Innovative. Be transformative!
- Determine your goals, such as working for money, fulfilling your nursing needs, or a combination of both
- Choose your customers, patients, and coworkers
- Do the work you enjoy
- Design your own flexible schedule
- Work from the comfort of your home or in an office outside your home
- Write your own policies and procedures on how you will perform the work
- Set your own work preferences (driving distance, schedule, rate etc.)